The proposed format is a suggestion and depends on acceptance of the proposal
The workshop will follow a "mini-conference" format, but the venue will explicitly offer multiple opportunities for free discussion between researchers . Papers considered for acceptance will fall under the thematic categories described in Section: Applications.
- The workshop will last two days.
- Invited keynote speakers will occupy half days and will present an overview as well as open ended issues in their specific field of research.
- Each talk will be followed by a brainstorming session whereby participants and speakers will explore possible solutions.
- The conclusions and outcomes of these brainstorming sessions will be presented at the end of the workshop to all participants.
- The afternoon sessions will include oral presentations and/or poster sessions of accepted papers.
- The second day will include sessions on the Technical Challenge for the avian and marine mammal data sets.
A preliminary workshop program is provided below (see next section for keynote speakers' content/CV).
Day 18:30 Session 1 10:00 Coffee 10:30 Session 2 12:00 Lunch 2:00 Session 3 3:30 Coffee 4:00 Session 4 5:30 End
|08:30 AM||Opening Session/Welcome||Why ICML4B ?|
|09:15 AM||Keynote Speaker||Ofer Tchernichovski|
|10:30 AM||Keynote Speaker||Y. Bengio|
|11:15 AM||Keynote Speaker||X. Halkias|
|02:00 PM||Keynote Speaker||H. Glotin|
|02:30 PM||Keynote Speaker||D. Reiss|
|15:00 PM||Keynote Speaker||G. Pavan (1/2)|
|16:00 PM||Keynote Speaker||G. Pavan (2/2)|
|16:30 PM||Session 1 on accepted papers||Participants|
|08:30 AM||Keynote Speaker||C. Clark|
|09:15 AM||Keynote Speaker||P. Dugan|
|10:30 AM||Keynote Speaker||T. G. Dietterich|
|11:15 AM||Technical challenge session 1 : Bird Challenge results|
|02:00 PM||Technical challenge session 2 : Whale Challenge results|
|02:45 PM||Session 2/3 on accepted papers|
|16:00 PM||Session 3/3 on accepted papers|
|16:30 PM||General discussion/Closing||Organizers/Participants|